Sunday 9 December 2012

Selling Sensitive Product - Poopa Scoopa



If there's one thing dog owners dread, it's the whole routine of disposing of Fido's waste on the daily walk. What they dread more is the ire of the general public if they don't do a proper clean up. And what they probably dread most of all is the prospect of having to do it at all with leftover plastic bags.

I came across this product on the web and thought it seemed like a good idea although I suspect it's probably more trouble than it's worth and doesn't quite measure up to its promise........

Anyway, the design was done between Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and I decided to use a kind of retro/cartoonish feel, using garish reds on a cream background with the images of the paw and 'waste' and a 'lighthearted font called Hobo. I used Photoshop to remove the background from the 'Scoop' image, then Illustrator using the pen tool to trace the paw and also for the 'waste' - I'd like to improve my turd drawing technique but there are precious few tutorials on the topic on the web. I used the 3D - Extrude & Bevel effect on the paw, Type on a Path tool for the text around the paw and Symbols for the clouds and the grass. My favourite part of all is the title - Poop Happens - a cleaned up version of the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment